Our team has unparalleled expertise working with schools and districts.
Our services are organized around 12 focus areas:
- Professional learning
- Data collection, data quality, and data systems
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- Equitable access
- Fiscal and programmatic sustainability
- Human capital management systems
- Program evaluation
- Perfomance-based compensation and salary schedules
- Teacher and leader evaluation
- Teacher leadership and/or career ladders
- Recruitment, hiring, retention, and placement
- Student growth measures
We can also support your team in areas that will enhance organizations and projects, including:
- Assisting with place-based work, including enhancing community schools
- Building a diverse educator workforce
- Capacity building
- Collective impact
- Compliance and monitoring
- Continuous improvement and performance management
- Data stories and data visualization
- Equity mapping and culturally responsive practices
- Facilitation techniques such as Problems of Practice and Open Space
- Grant writing
- Identifying and addressing disproportionality and success gaps
- Logic model development and theory of action development and refinement
- Project management
- Required reporting such as Annual Performance Reports (APRs)
- Design analyses of aggregated effectiveness data to inform a more systematic approach to professional development.
- Share best practices in professional development, with a focus on coaching and job-embedded opportunities.
- Provide guidance in evaluating organizational capacity and action planning to support the attainment of shared leadership at the building level.
Data collection, data quality, and data systems
- Provide assistance in identifying and evaluating systems to support evaluation processes.
- Design evaluation of organizational capacity to implement and maintain high-quality data systems.
- Review data quality plans and approaches for identifying and verifying student–teacher linkages.
Community and stakeholder engagement
- Help clients establish working and/or steering committees to engage stakeholders and manage program implementation.
- Work with grantees to develop program buy-in among a wide range of stakeholders.
- Provide assistance needed to develop comprehensive communications plans.
- Work with clients to develop a media plan and establish working relationships with local media.
- Provide expert reviews of written and online communication and engagement materials to ensure consistency and clarity.
- Share exemplary communications materials.
- Lead root cause analysis discussions and strategic planning to help clients shape their equity vision, framework, and differentiated work scope.
- Collaborate on data analyses to support the cyclical equity process, including distribution of effective educators.
- Provide interactive facilitation protocols to engage stakeholders in meaningful, in-depth learning exchange about equity.
Fiscal and and programmatic sustainability
- Facilitate process of prioritizing programmatic elements as part of sustainability plan.
- Help grantees to identify new resources or reallocate existing resources, to support their performance-based compensation systems (PBCS).
- Work with clients to evaluate current sustainability plans and conduct action planning to address gaps.
Human capital management systems (HCMS)
- Development of documentation around HCMS, including business rules and process maps
- Development of logic model representing alignment of HCMS and vision for improvement
- Establishing targets for HCMS outcomes
- Progress monitoring for HCMS implementation
Performance-based compensation and salary schedules
- Support specification of business rules that govern implementation of PBCS.
- Monitor implementation of PBCS for fidelity to specified model.
- Guide clients in refining their PBCSs based on motivational considerations and alignment with human capital management systems.
- Help build capacity to understand and effectively communicate principles of compensation and salary schedule design.
Teacher and leader evaluation
- Conduct quality review of teacher and/or administrator evaluation systems and rubrics.
- Assist in planning and conducting analyses to ensure quality of evaluation metrics and combined measures.
- Share best practices in school leader evaluation.
- Provide assistance in designing and conducting a successful internal evaluation.
- Assist grantees with developing surveys, interviews or focus group protocols.
- Review the quality of draft evaluation reports before dissemination.
- Share techniques and strategies to disseminate evaluation.
Teacher leadership and/or career ladders
- Provide information on career ladders and teacher leadership positions that have been developed and implemented.
- Help clients understand the kinds of career ladder/career lattice options available.
- Work with clients to identify and design appropriate teacher leadership positions, including job descriptions and selection procedures.
Recruitment, hiring, retention, and placement
- Assist in developing or refining recruitment, hiring, retention, and placement strategies.
- Provide exemplary recruitment materials.
- Provide analytic support to track retention rates and the relationship between retention and key programmatic elements, such as participation in teacher leadership programs or new teacher induction programs.
- Create and review processes that use data to inform recruitment, hiring, induction, mentoring, and tenure decisions.
Student growth measures
- Provide options for measuring growth for teachers of untested grades and subjects.
- Review student growth measure and SLO implementation processes to ensure data quality.
- Advise clients on how to bridge student growth measures across years where state assessment data are unavailable.
- Support and design strategic communications to address context-specific challenges related to student growth measures and SLOs
Source URL: https://www.tifcommunity.org/technical-assistance-team